This is the start of an inspiration patch, where I hope that fellow scrappers and creators will come and find some inspiration, or even leave some inspiration for me.

Wednesday 10 August 2016

Mixed Media Tag - Sizzix/BoBunny

Hello Everyone

In my last post I told you that the family had been unwell with flu and that I had been under the weather too.  Well it bowled me over good and solid and so for 2 days I was in bed.
Thankfully, I am now on the mend and feeling a little better.

I had finished a mixed media tag that I wanted to share today.

I have been trying different techniques and things and so this was one of my experiments.  LOL


Here are my steps for the background:
1. I started off with a stencil and some Prima Copper Crackle Paste.
2. Then I used some Distress stain - Bundled Sage for the colouring.
3. I stamped the 3 black butterflies.
4. I wiped off the excess ink on the copper crackle.
5. I added some white paint highlights on the stencilling.


I fussy cut some sunflowers and bits from the BoBunny Enchanted Harvest Collection.
I also cut some leafy buts from my favourite Sizzix die set at the moment. I used BoBunny cardstock - chiffon vintage. 

SIZZIX THINLITS DIE SET 9PK - GARDEN GREENS

Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 9PK - Garden Greens
Please pop over here to check out some of the gorgeous new Sizzix dies.

BoBunny stamps used:

building thumb

I really love how this tag came out and I really want to keep trying and experimenting with my paints, pastes, inks etc.  It really was good fun.

Thanks so much for stopping by!
I hope you have a super Wednesday! ;-)
Denise x

7 comments:

  1. A stunning result from your play time with mixed media. Move the crackle effect, the butterflies add strong contrast and I'm always a big fan of sunflowers. Hope you make a full recovery really soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. so pretty tag Denise! the sunflowers here are so beautiful!
    hope yoy will get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh such a pretty tag. I just the love the colours on this one so yummy. Hope you geel better soon <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooo not good to hear you have been unwell.. I hope you all fully recover quickly... your tag looks amazing, great texture on the back ground .love the sunflowers too.. take care...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor you! I'm glad you're on the mend!!! And good on you experimenting and having fun. Really like the 'crackled up' bg on here & those sunflowers just shine!!!!

    ReplyDelete