This is the start of an inspiration patch, where I hope that fellow scrappers and creators will come and find some inspiration, or even leave some inspiration for me.

Monday 23 November 2015

Artsy Craftsy Paint Palette

Hello Everyone

I hope that you had a good weekend and also a good Monday.

A scrappy friend wanted to buy the paint palette kit from Colourful Memories and so we both decided to get one. We attempted to do it last week at our scrap and chat evening, but I had left most of my supplies at home, due to being rushed, as my husband was late getting home.  So yes, it really did not turn out anything like the example project, but I am really happy with it, none the less! ;-) Not that I have ever been one for following kit instructions!!!!!! LOL

So here's the end result.


It was really nice to try and do something different for a change! ;-)


...a little bit of gesso, lots of stamping, some chipboard and some blooms! ;-)


I love that stamped sentiment..."Always find time for the things that make you happy to feel alive".
My work life has been very stressful and busy over the last few months and my creativity and scrapping has been my solace, my peace of mind, my sanity and my retreat!! I am so glad to have had that "outlet"! ;-)

Thanks for stopping by!
I hope you have a super evening!
Denise x

8 comments:

  1. Oh YES! I think most of us use scrapping for exactly that purpose! And that sentiment is great. I like the 'splats' you've used, too. Lovely look you've gotten here...even if it was different to what you intended!!! The great thing about these sorts of projects is if you feel like a change in a year's time you can simply pull it all apart, apply gesso & start again....I LIKE that idea. It 'shifts' with what we're doing at the time. And it's recycling ,too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That. Is. So. Cool! I think your artist palette turned out great. Will you hang it on the wall as a piece of home décor?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I think I will Denise! ;-) Thanks ever so much! ;-)

      Delete
  3. Love, love love this project Denise. So fresh and full of hope. Especially like the swathes of small yellow blooms. Gorgeous work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE your pretty palette! It's absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it is very pretty and so springy. I also NEVER follow the kits :D as long as you are having fun and chilling that is all that matters. This is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is beautiful Denise...and I am sure the two of you had so much fun together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. absolutely amazing and wonderful creation Denise! love the colours and all the beautiful details!

    ReplyDelete