This is the start of an inspiration patch, where I hope that fellow scrappers and creators will come and find some inspiration, or even leave some inspiration for me.

Sunday 2 August 2015

Thoughts Today Right Now - Scrap Africa Sketch Challenge no.56

Hello Everyone

Apologies, again, for having been missing in action again...but I just was not able to get behind the PC and spend some time here! It's been a crazy, crazy week but thankfully, all celebrations and preparations are now finished and life can hopefully get back to some normaility! ;-)

Firstly it was Joe's birthday on Tuesday.  My boy turned 8. I can't believe it...he's getting so big!!
Anyways, he had a super day and was spoilt on his special day! ;-)

I have always taken photo's of him, when he wakes up and he is opening his cards and presents.


I made this card for him.


I used Echo Park, That's my Boy paper and accents and some Penny Black stamps.

I then had to prepare, cater and host for the retirement farewell on Thursday and it was hard work, but really so special to be able to do something special and nice for a friend.
When he left on Friday, I had a good little cry, but was really pleased for him to be able to go off into retirement and enjoy his wood working.
I shared the card I made in the previous post.

Then yesterday it was my Father's Birthday and we had a lovely family dinner event for him.
I can't even share that card...LOL...as it was made, put in the envelope and we left for the dinner! ;-)
Anyways, he was pleased with it and we had a really nice time! ;-)

So yes, these are the reasons that this week was so very busy! ;-)

We have also got a new sketch challenge up on the Scrap Africa blog
Here's a look at the sketch.


So I made this page...


I used the gorgeous Country Kitchen papers from FabScraps.
I had recently also bought a circle Martha Stewart punch and was so keen to use it.
I am so happy with it...really cool! ;-)

Since Joe turned 8 this week, this page was rather apt for me, as this photo was taken in Franschoek, Cape, in January 2007. I was 3 months pregnant here and had sat down on some rocks for a breather, when my hubby snapped the photo of me.

When one is pregnant, as most of you will know, it's a rather emotional time, with all those hormones rushing about.  So I can remember sitting on those rocks and just looking at the beauty around me, but also thinking of the future and what it might hold etc. I was also thinking about my brother who was getting married and was wondering whether he was doing the right thing and whether he was happy. So yes...it was a very thoughtful moment and hence the title for the page! ;-)

Here's some close-ups.




Maybe you can play along? ;-)
You have until 14 August to upload your projects.

Anyways...hope the long post has not been too boring...

I hope you have a super, scrappy Sunday
Denise x

7 comments:

  1. Life ia busy and the fact that we are already in August bears testimony to that. Happy birthday to Joe...i know that you made his day special. I love your page...would still one day want to sit in a class where you teach us how to make those pretty mixed media backgrounds xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your posts are NEVER boring Denise! I enjoy reading about how much you manage to cram into your week. Jo is just a little bit older than our oldest Grandson - he is starting to look quite grown up here. Lovely memories of your early pregnancy and a beautiful layout to enhance the photo. Love the sketch. I really want to make time to work with this. Thanks for the inspiration :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man! You are sooo busy! Love that your boy had a good birthday.....& I ADORE your page - it is a stunner! The flowers look gorgeous:) Glad the punch was worth buying, too:) I've had a few days with my BFF.....& got behind blog visiting......aaaagggghhhhh! So I'm feeling your pain!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Denise you work hard ))) but sure that everything was going great and you all were happy ))) love your card - so stylish and elegant, beautiful colours. and your layout is soo great too! love orange colour with combination of light paper, contrast looks super!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card and a gorgeous layout!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My but you have been busy.Love the card and especially love the layout , you always use orange so well giving your layouts such a warm feel. l Lovely picture of you .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Belated Birthday to Joe! Perfect card for him!! I can see how much he has grown just in the last year!!! That layout is absolutely ACE! One of my absolute FAVES of yours!!

    ReplyDelete