This is the start of an inspiration patch, where I hope that fellow scrappers and creators will come and find some inspiration, or even leave some inspiration for me.

Thursday 22 January 2015

13 - Scrap Around the World January Challenge

Hello Everyone

I am back today with a canvas that I made for the January Scrap Around the World Challenge.

This is the super mood board.



Here is the canvas I created.


I was inspired by the shabby chic look of the mood board, as well as the sentiment - Life is a Balance of Holding on and Letting Go.

This canvas is of my niece, who was obviously 13 and it was her Grade 7 Farewell.  She is still a child, but yet a developing young women.  So yes, that in between phase of sometimes a child and sometimes a young woman...and also that balance of wanting to keep her in childhood, but also wanting to let her grow into womanhood! Not always an easy one.  But she is lovely young lady and has started high school this year.


I used the beautiful BoBunny The Avenues collection and is still one of my favourites.


The leafy chipboards are Blue Fern studios and I did a mix of inking and heat embossing on the leaves.


I used BoBunny stickable stencils and gesso for the background, along with denim colour watercolouring.


She is such a gorgeous young lady! Sometimes I wish I was 13 again! LOL

Anyways...thanks for stopping by!
Have a super evening!
Denise

21 comments:

  1. I love the thought you put into your designs and how you've tried to capture the transformation of girlhood into womanhood. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely portrait of a young lady!!! And that denim blue behind? ADORE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so pretty and love the mood board :) have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  4. how cute young lady Denise! love the flower cluster and double butterfly such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely take on the mood board...love your flower cluster ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just popped by to see all these yummy closeups. LOOOOOOVE this stunning creation Denise. You are so on fire girl. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow a stunning canvas creation. I hope your beautiful niece is getting this to treasure.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful page! Love the masking and that gorgeous flower cluster! All the best from SATW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely amazing work Denise, I love it! Thank you for joining our challenge at SATW!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous design and gorgeous layers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. PERFECT way to interpret the mood board and so true. She looks lovely and you have created a beautiful page for her too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely layout! Especially I like the flowers - so beautiful!
    Thank you for joining at SATW!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is SOoooo BEAUTIFUL..... I'm SO glad that you were inspired by January's moodboard over @ SATW... :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful layout! I love the color and she is so pretty! Thank you for joining at SATW!

    ReplyDelete
  15. the shabby feel is definitely all over your page! Thank you for joining the SATW challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is gorgeous! Lovely texture and details! Thank you for joining at SATW!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Really amazing page ! I love the flowers details !Thank you for joining at SATW!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Denise! This is such a gorgeous take on the amazing challenge! I absolutely love the photo and your beautiful, detailed design! Simply stunning!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, gorgeous !! I love the background !! Thank you for playing at SATW :)
    Lydie Denis.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is fabulous Denise! i love your journaling and the gorgeous details on the page. Thanks for joining in at SATW.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ooooh so pretty!! Thanks for playing along with us at SATW again Denise!!!

    ReplyDelete