This is the start of an inspiration patch, where I hope that fellow scrappers and creators will come and find some inspiration, or even leave some inspiration for me.

Wednesday 12 November 2014

Remember - Scrap Around the World November Challenge

Hello Everyone

From a cold and miserable Johannesburg....!!! We are having such strange weather, it is just untrue!
I hope that summer will return very shortly! ;-)

I am sharing my entry for the Scrap Around the World November challenge.  The mood board is really amazing by Zuzia.



I love the vintage feel of this board, the music sheet, the wood boards and the purples and pinks in the beautiful bunch of flowers.  So these were the inspiration seeds for the canvas I created.

Here is my canvas.


This is a Christmas gift for my sister.  She is such a "nosy parker" though and so already caught glimpse of it, on my table on the weekend. In any case, I did not tell her who it was for.

The photo of this beautiful lady, is my Aunt, Berendina (Dina for short) and she was also my sisters God Mother.  She was a really special lady in our lives, as she was like our second Mother. I will type up some journalling, which will go on the back of the canvas.


I used old music sheet and then bits and pieces from the Kaisercraft Art of Life Collection. I did a lot of fussy cutting, and used it in between the flower clusters and around the page. I also used the wood grain paper from the BaseCoat collection.


I did gesso, stencilling, stamping, watercolouring and painting to create the background.



Here is side on of the cluster.....which gives you some idea of the depth.


This was a really special project for me and I really went through a range of emotions while creating it, from sadness to sorrow and grief and then happiness and fun memories. I am sure that my sister will feel the same and I hope she likes it as much as I do.

Thanks for stopping by!
I hope you have a super evening!
Denise

15 comments:

  1. That is one stunner of a LO....& I bet your sister will adore it! LOOVE those flower clusters & I really like the music sheet paper & how you've used it......& I think you can be pronounced Queen of the Fussy Cutting....well, you & Lizzy C!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A symphony of colour and layering Denise, both of which enhance your gorgeous photo. What a special gift for your Sister. I hope to have a try at this challenge, but am still having computer problems, so may not get to it. I especially love the metal corners and the little foliage stamp. Oh, and the clock...heck, it's all gorgeous :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous! Thank you for playing along with Scrap Around The World this month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning canvas..."a thing of beauty that will be a joy forever". xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG !!! this is beyond magnificent .. my new fave of yours ... love x

    ReplyDelete
  7. So Gorgeous canvas Denise!! love the background work and colors. Your sister will love it! Thanks for playing at Scrap Around The World!x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful layout, love the flowers and layers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is soooo stunning. I love your flowers and boho look. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for palying along with SATW this month!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG! I love this!!! Your background work is stunning and your flowers are awesome! Wow I see this in the top ten! All the best from SATW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that vintage picture, ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! Thank you so much for playing along with us at SATW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. GOBSMACKED my friend!! This is fantasmagorical!! Thanks for playing at SATW!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW!! Absolutely gorgeous canvas! Piece of art!
    Thank you for joining at SATW!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG she looks just like you or the other way around :D the family likeness is amazing. They were so beautiful and elegant in that time. Lovely present for your sister I am sure she will love it. Love the vintage soft feel to it. A very special piece.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh wow Denise - this is amazing! Great to see some important memories being preserved ere. love the hairdo! Thanks for joining in at Scrap Around The World.

    ReplyDelete