This is the start of an inspiration patch, where I hope that fellow scrappers and creators will come and find some inspiration, or even leave some inspiration for me.

Wednesday 24 July 2013

Little Fisherman's Tales - Skissedilla Summer Sketch

Hello Everyone

I hope you are having a super day!

I have a page to share with you for the Skissedilla summer sketch.



I loved this sketch and so really wanted to put my hand to it.

I took some photo's this evening, and is the first time that I have taken photo's at night, and so hope you will forgive me, if they are not 100% correct. I really did try and get the lighting etc right and so hopefully they pass! ;-)


I used some Basic Grey paper from my stash and was really pleased to do that! It's from the Oliver collection and is quite old, but still super. The little birdie among the leaves and the frames are also Basic Grey as well. I used a Spellbinders die-cut for the leaves, and W&M alpha chippies, with some Websters alpha stickers. The can of worms sticker is Karen Foster and was just really cute for this page, but actually, when one does fly fishing, one uses just feather flies and no bait. So this sticker is just  for creative purposes!


I coloured some gesso with brown paint and then did some background stencilling, and once that was dry I added some water paint drippies.


These photo's were taken, on our recent weekend away in Dullstroom.  Joe loved fishing, and was just happy to cast out, sit back on his haunches and wait! LOL! Admittedly this wasn't for any huge lengths of time, but at age 6, patience is not exactly their strong point.

The title is also a little fun, as normally it would be Tall Fisherman's Tales, but in this case, since Joe is little, it's Little Fishermans Tales! ;-)

Anyways, thanks for stopping by!
Have a super evening!
Denise x


14 comments:

  1. fabulous page, great work, love all the gesso and inking background :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so good at your work, love the fun title and colors you added to the background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely boy page. Love your stencilling on the background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, how gorgeous Denise! Stunning boy page! LOVE the can of worms. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your photos!
    Thx for joining us at Skissedilla!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute page & lovely details!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A cute boy's page with the BG papers....I'm surprised that a six year old would sit for any length of time fishing. Well done little one. The can of worms is perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Joe looks so gorgeous sitting there with his can of worms LOL ....gorgeous LO Denise, and I love the papers ....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely layout D and I love the play on words. Lovely. I think you did great with the photography at night too... looks great to me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW, Denise! That sketch is amazing and so cool! You created a beautiful page with it! Your layout is absolutely gorgeous!!! Thanks for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous!!!! What a beautiful picture. Love that can of worms :) So great! Thanks for joining us at Skissedilla. Brit

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh gosh I really love this page! Such a sweet representation of summer and the photos are terrific! I'd say you did a spectacular job for your first night time shooting!!! The background here and all the details you've added really just pull this page together so nicely, I adore the can of worms. So glad to have you joining us at Skissedilla :) Scarlett

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very nice take from the sketch! just love your page :)
    Thanks for playing with us at Skissedilla ;)
    bizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hehehe - "can of worms" and the reddish paint is a nice touch! Great memory documented for the future!!

    ReplyDelete